    examples or insight.

    Thanks

    Mardy

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyZHk=?=, Oct 20, 2005

  2. have you tried using the selectedindexchanged .
    But you have to set Autopostback ="true" and remember the tabstrip index
    starts from "0"
    Hope that helps
    Patrick

    "Mardy" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I've been using the tabstrip and multipage controls and really like the

    way
    > this combination allows users to switch between tabs without a postback.
    >
    > I'd like to get more detailed information about these controls but can

    only
    > find basic information on the internet. In particular, I'd like to hide or
    > disable tabs dynamically and I'm not sure how to do this. I'd appreciate

    any

    Patrick.O.Ige, Oct 21, 2005

  3. For example
    If YourTab.SelectedIndex = 0 Then
    tsHoriz.Items(0).Enabled = True
    tsHoriz.Items(1).Enabled = False
    End If
    Hope this helps
    Patrick

    Patrick.O.Ige, Oct 21, 2005
  4. Patrick Thanks

    I'm using the tabstip as a series of input screens to capture information,
    Once the process is complete, I need to hide one of the tabs. So I'd like to
    hide an entire tab dynamically from the code behind if the status of the
    record is "approved".

    I tried using the example you gave but had no success.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyZHk=?=, Oct 21, 2005
  5. I think I got it

    Aspx page:
    <iewc:tabstrip id="tsHoriz" runat="server" >
    <iewc:Tab Text="Assessment Details" id="tab0"></iewc:Tab>
    <iewc:TabSeparator id="ts0"></iewc:TabSeparator>
    <iewc:Tab Text="Allocate Requirements" id="tab1"></iewc:Tab>
    <iewc:TabSeparator id="ts1"></iewc:TabSeparator>
    <iewc:Tab Text="Results" id="tab2"></iewc:Tab>
    <iewc:TabSeparator id="ts2"></iewc:TabSeparator>
    <iewc:Tab Text=" Design Comments" id="tab3"></iewc:Tab>
    <iewc:TabSeparator id="ts3"></iewc:TabSeparator>
    <iewc:Tab Text="Attachments" id="tab4"></iewc:Tab>
    <iewc:TabSeparator DefaultStyle="width:100%;"></iewc:TabSeparator>
    <iewc:multipage id="mpHoriz" ...>
    <iewc:pageView id="p0">...
    </iewc:pageView>
    <iewc:pageView id="p1">...
    </iewc:pageView>
    </iewc:multipage>

    code behind:
    Protected tab0 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
    Protected ts0 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
    Protected tab1 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
    Protected ts1 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
    Protected tab2 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
    Protected ts2 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
    Protected tab3 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
    Protected ts3 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabSeparator
    Protected tab4 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab
    Protected p0 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
    Protected p1 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
    Protected p2 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
    Protected p3 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView
    Protected p4 As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.PageView

    'in my sub that checks status of the current record.
    tsHoriz.Items.Remove(tab1)
    tsHoriz.Items.Remove(ts1)
    mpHoriz.Controls.Remove(p1)

    Mardy

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyZHk=?=, Oct 21, 2005
  6. One final note

    This gets me close BUT if I have a postback anywhere in the tabstrip page,
    I get a nasty viewstate error. This is apparently due to the removal of the
    mutipage item.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyZHk=?=, Oct 22, 2005
  7. Try using :- tsHoriz.Items(1).Enabled = False
    There were some issues when i worked with the TABSTRIP but can't really
    recall now.
    Let me know if that doesn;t work and i''ll get back to you.
    Patrick

    Patrick.O.Ige, Oct 22, 2005
  8. Tried that without success

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyZHk=?=, Oct 22, 2005
  9. Will get back to you
    Patrick

    Patrick.O.Ige, Oct 23, 2005
  10. Mardy..
    This should guide you with the Tabstrip:-
    http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/tutorials.aspx?id=28
    Hope that helps
    Patrick

    Patrick.O.Ige, Oct 25, 2005