Tabular Data Control question

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by James Broome, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. James Broome

    James Broome Guest

    Hello,

    I am using the TDC Active X object to display a results set from a txt
    file. I have a simple search form which builds up a filter string
    before the tdc control is reset.

    e.g.

    var filterstr = 'name = *SMITH*';
    window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.filter=filterstr;
    window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.Reset();

    My text file is made up of free text columns and the search will only
    match on exact case matches. How do i get around the problem of case
    sensitvity in my filter? Is there an equivalent of the upper() or
    toUpperCase() function that i could wrap around my columns names to to
    ensure that case is not an issue?

    e.g.

    var filterstr = 'upper(name) = *SMITH*';
    window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.filter=filterstr;
    window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.Reset();

    This falls over but does anyone know if this is possible and, if so,
    the correct way to do this?

    Cheers

    James
    James Broome, Aug 20, 2003

  2. James Broome

    James Broome Guest

    I have solved this...

    var filterstr = 'name = *SMITH*';
    window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.CaseSensitive=false;

    James Broome, Aug 20, 2003