Tabular Data Control With Links and Thumbnail

Will

I'm using the Microsoft Tabular Data Control to display a list of data
and it works absolutely great. But I have 2 additional pieces of
functionality that I would like to include but can not figure out.

1) I would like to be able to put a file path in the data file and
have it use the destination image from that path to show the image in
the grid.

2) I would like to have one of the values that is populated by the
control be a link that is points to another file. The file path would
again come from a field in the tabular control.

I hope that makes sense.

Will

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Will said:
I'm using the Microsoft Tabular Data Control to display a list of data
and it works absolutely great. But I have 2 additional pieces of
functionality that I would like to include but can not figure out.

microsoft.ALL exists.

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Will said:
Thomas said:
Will said:
I'm using the Microsoft Tabular Data Control to display a list of data
and it works absolutely great. But I have 2 additional pieces of
functionality that I would like to include but can not figure out.
microsoft.ALL exists.
[...]

I have no clue what "microsoft.ALL exists" means. Can you give me a
little more to go on? : )

Thank you for asking.

Quote <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms531356(VS.85).aspx>
(result of a Google search for "Microsoft Tabular Data Control"):

| The Tabular Data Control (TDC) is a Microsoft ActiveX control that can be
| hosted by Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 and later to display data stored
| in a delimited text file. Using the TDC, a Web author can display data
| either within tables or within controls found in a form. [...]

By your own account, you would like to extend the functionality of this
specific software component; you do not have a general scripting
problem/question. However, this newsgroup deals with the programming
languages that are ECMAScript implementations for which there is no specific
newsgroup (JavaScript, JScript, etc.), and usually not with its application
with or by specific software components. Besides, this is neither a
customer support facility nor a code factory; it is a discussion group for
script authors (and those aspiring it to be) from which help can spring
through (self-)learning and understanding.

To use an image: You wouldn't ask the miller how to bake a better bread; you
would ask the baker instead. Suppose extension of this software component
is even possible (which I doubt, given M$'s history of distributing closed
source): Microsoft provides customer support newsgroups for their products,
in another top-level hierarchy, and support forums on the Web:

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx> (a decent
newsreader could filter for newsgroups starting with "microsoft.", and show
their taglines)

<http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/iedevelopment/>

Network news hierarchies are commonly abbreviated foo.ALL (this newsgroup
is in the Usenet top-level hierarchy comp.ALL). My mere replying that
"microsoft.ALL exists" means that, because of the above, you should have
subscribed to the most appropriate newsgroup in microsoft.ALL, or the
corresponding support forum, and asked that question there, *iff* reading
the available documentation would not help already.

See also: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet>

Please don't full-quote; do trim signatures and other parts of the quotation
you are not directly referring to. See <http://jibbering.com/faq/>.

HTH

PointedEars