Target for aspx page

T. Seaburn

I have an aspx page that is always invoked by Response.Redirect calls from
other pages. I want my aspx page to always display in a new browser window.
Since the Response.Redirect calls from the other pages can't inoke _blank as
a target value, is there any way I can ensure that my aspx page always
displays in a new browser window?
Thanks,
Tina

T. Seaburn

It's currently a rule here not to use any javascript. as least we use it as
a last resort.

Eliyahu Goldin

You can't open a new window from the server. It's a client-side task that
can be accomplished only with a client-side script.

I am just wondering how many successful asp.net sites has the person who
wrote your rules made?

Eliyahu

GaryB

That's not true. take an ordinary Hyperlink on any aspx page that links to
another aspx page. set it's target property to _blank and the new aspx page
will pop up in a new browser window. No client script was involved. I'm
just trying to do the same thing from a respnse.redirect that we all often
do from hyperlinks.

Eliyahu Goldin

Admitting the mistake in the first statement, thank you, I am still
insisting that you can't make anything more-or-less meaningful in ASP.NET
without good deal of javascripting.

Eliyahu

T. Seaburn said:
It's currently a rule here not to use any javascript. as least we use
it
as
a last resort.

"Saber" <saber[-.-AT.--]maghalat.com> wrote in message
why not use javascript instead?

--
Saber S.
http://maghalat.com (Persian)
I have an aspx page that is always invoked by Response.Redirect calls
from
other pages. I want my aspx page to always display in a new browser
window.
Since the Response.Redirect calls from the other pages can't inoke
_blank
as
a target value, is there any way I can ensure that my aspx page always
displays in a new browser window?
Thanks,
Tina

Thomas Dodds

a rule not to use javascript - I am very curious as to why ... and who made
the tech choice to go with .NET? obviously they had a great handle on the
workings of the framework ...