    there, and I can't find any difference between the notebook and the
    big machine that would account for the problem.

    Anyone any ideas?

    Malcolm McLean, Jun 18, 2011

  2. On Jun 18, 8:46 pm, Malcolm McLean <>
    wrote:
    > I installed tcc (tiny C compiler) on my work computer, and it's fine.
    >
    > I installed the same version on a notebook, and it will compile Ansi C
    > programs, but it won't link the Windows libraries. It doesn't give an
    > error message. The executable just fails to appear. The dlls are
    > there, and I can't find any difference between the notebook and the
    > big machine that would account for the problem.

    I don't have Windows now. But I tried compiling a small piece of C
    with pthread calls, and tried scripting the same piece against TCC.
    Both work fine.

    $ tcc -v
    tcc version 0.9.25
    $
    $ ls
    a.c
    $ tcc a.c -lpthread
    $ ls
    a.c a.out
    $ ./a.out
    In main: creating thread 0
    -cut-
    Hello World! It's me, thread #0!
    $

    $ ls
    a.c
    $
    $ tcc -lpthread -run a.c
    In main: creating thread 0
    -cut-Hello World! It's me, thread #1!
    Hello World! It's me, thread #0!
    $

    lovecreatesbeauty, Jun 18, 2011

  3. On Jun 18, 8:46 pm, Malcolm McLean <>
    wrote:
    > I can't find any difference between the notebook and the
    > big machine that would account for the problem.

    Maybe the difference is one runs Windows and the other doesn't :)

    lovecreatesbeauty, Jun 18, 2011
  4. Malcolm McLean

    Shao Miller Guest

    On 6/18/2011 7:46 AM, Malcolm McLean wrote:
    > I installed tcc (tiny C compiler) on my work computer, and it's fine.
    >
    > I installed the same version on a notebook, and it will compile Ansi C
    > programs, but it won't link the Windows libraries. It doesn't give an
    > error message. The executable just fails to appear. The dlls are
    > there, and I can't find any difference between the notebook and the
    > big machine that would account for the problem.
    >
    > Anyone any ideas?

    You could check to see if it's possible to file a bug report.

    You could observe what the compiler is doing by using Microsoft's
    Sysinternals' Process Monitor logging application. Perhaps an error
    observed close to the end of the logging can yield some clues.

    Shao Miller, Jun 19, 2011