TCP Connection

Full Name

Hi,

I am a novice programmer. I am trying to write a server-client program
as a personal project. I have googled my ass off but I can't seem to
find usefull information about this. Can anyone help me find
information on how to make a connection between a client and a server
over 'the internets' using TCP.

Thank you kindly,
Zero.

red floyd

Full said:
Hi,

I am a novice programmer. I am trying to write a server-client program
as a personal project. I have googled my ass off but I can't seem to
find usefull information about this. Can anyone help me find
information on how to make a connection between a client and a server
over 'the internets' using TCP.

Thank you kindly,
Zero.

Then you didn't google very hard. In addition, there is no C++ question
in you post.

Full Name

Then you didn't google very hard. In addition, there is no C++ question
in you post.

I am sorry but I actually did try my best. But if it so easy would you
be so kind as to point me in the right direction.

And posting this question in comp.lang.c++ I thought it was implied
that my question was related to c++.

So I want to make a server-client program using c++. Could you, or
anyone else, point me in the right direction, please. All I need is a
link or tutorial or library that can help me get on the way. I don't
want you to make the program for me. Just enough to help me along. I
will figure it out from there.

Jakob Bieling

Full Name said:
I am sorry but I actually did try my best. But if it so easy would you
be so kind as to point me in the right direction.

And posting this question in comp.lang.c++ I thought it was implied
that my question was related to c++.

So I want to make a server-client program using c++. Could you, or
anyone else, point me in the right direction, please. All I need is a
link or tutorial or library that can help me get on the way. I don't
want you to make the program for me. Just enough to help me along. I
will figure it out from there.

Google for Winsock (supporting news group is
alt.winsock.programming). This answer might be specific to Windows. If
you are not running Windows, try a newsgroup that supports your
platform.

This is also the reason you are off-topic. Standard C++ defines no
such thing as a 'TCP connection', so there is no way to create a
connection with the Standard C++ language, the topic of this news group.
That means, you need a *platform specific* library. All questions
regarding those libraries do not belong here, but to the newsgroup
dealing with that particular library and/or platform. The fact that you
can access those from C++ is irrelevant.

This should clear any doubts.

hth

Phlip

Jakob said:
This is also the reason you are off-topic. Standard C++ defines no such
thing as a 'TCP connection', so there is no way to create a connection
with the Standard C++ language, the topic of this news group. That means,
you need a *platform specific* library. All questions regarding those
libraries do not belong here, but to the newsgroup dealing with that
particular library and/or platform. The fact that you can access those
from C++ is irrelevant.

This should clear any doubts.

And Google for [boost asio]. ;-)

Full Name

Jakob said:
This is also the reason you are off-topic. Standard C++ defines no such
thing as a 'TCP connection', so there is no way to create a connection
with the Standard C++ language, the topic of this news group. That means,
you need a *platform specific* library. All questions regarding those
libraries do not belong here, but to the newsgroup dealing with that
particular library and/or platform. The fact that you can access those
from C++ is irrelevant.

This should clear any doubts.

And Google for [boost asio]. ;-)

ty both. Those are answer I can work with.

al pacino

hi
you may read tcp/ip programming(part 3) with applications by douglas
comer
(both unix and windows versions are available, check you college
librarry)

or go to msdn library and read about winsock.