    I was wondering if anybody has some good recommendations.

    Thanks

    Yan
    Yannick Tremblay, Jan 3, 2006

  2. Yannick Tremblay

    Targeur fou Guest

    Yannick Tremblay wrote:
    > Hi C peoples,

    Hi,

    > I have been working with OO languages in recent years mostly
    > C++ and Java and I have seen the advantages of good unit testing
    > frameworks and/or test driven development.
    >
    > I've recently changed job to a place where C is the main language
    > used and I am seeing a need to improve the amount of developper
    > automated testing of the code. I am looking ideally for good books
    > on test driven development to recommend to other programmers and
    > good C-targeted unit test frameworks. Those I know of are really
    > targetted to OO languages and not easy to introduce to C
    > programmers.
    >
    > I was wondering if anybody has some good recommendations.

    I have no special recommandations but I know the existence (I never
    used it) of Cunit (it sounds like CppUnit or JUnit, two fraweworks that
    maybe you and your colleagues know).
    homepage: http://cunit.sourceforge.net/
    It's covered by the GNU GPL.

    I used Attol UniTest a few times, a tool that was very powerful but
    actually I don't know the company which sells and distributes this
    product.

    Regis
    Targeur fou, Jan 3, 2006

  3. Yannick Tremblay

    Guest

    , Jan 3, 2006
  4. Yannick Tremblay

    Marco Guest

    Yannick Tremblay wrote:
    > I've recently changed job to a place where C is the main language
    > used and I am seeing a need to improve the amount of developper
    > automated testing of the code. I am looking ideally for good books
    > on test driven development to recommend to other programmers and
    > good C-targeted unit test frameworks. Those I know of are really
    > targetted to OO languages and not easy to introduce to C
    > programmers.

    Since you will probably be using a C/C++ compiler for initial
    development, you can use C++ to create your tests for your C code. This
    would allow you to use one of C++ test frameworks. There was article
    in CUJ about this a while ago using CPPtest lite.

    Keep us posted on what you eventually find out and use.
    Marco, Jan 4, 2006