testing ASP pages with Windows Front Page

J_J

Hi,
I have FrontPage 2003 on my XP laptop.
I need to test some web pages with *.asp codes which worked perfectly well
with my old Win95 computer in the past. Of course I had to install Personal
Web Server to it in order to do the job.
The help files of FP, gives the clue that it has the facilities to behave
like a server and test interactive web pages.
But I haven't seen the use of ASP pages with it. I do not wish to install a
server on my XP just to test ASP pages.
Is there a way around please?. Please can you guide me to overcome this
problem?
Thanks in advance
J_J

Ronx

To test ASP pages you must use a web server. Either install IIS on
Windows XP Pro (XP Home does not support any Microsoft web server), or
publish the site to a server that supports ASP.

J_J

Just as I was afraid...to hear. No wonder why I miss the good old days of
Win98.:(
Thanks anyway Ronx
J_J

Tom Pepper Willett