Text box does not display the whole value

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by navin, Jun 24, 2009.

  1. navin

    navin Guest

    Hi Alll,

    In one of my pages, i have this weird problem. I am getting a value
    from first page to second page through Cat = Request.Form("Category")
    but when I try to put the value of Cat into a text box it does not
    show the entire value.

    Eg. if Cat contains "Invoice Resolution", in the text box it displays
    only "Invoice" and not the entire value of variable Cat

    <% Cat = Request.Form("Category") %>

    <input type="text" name="txtImprovementArea" size="26" tabindex="2"
    value=<%= Cat %> readonly>

    I have checked and request.form does return the entire value but does
    not show up in the text box.

    Thanks for the help in advance.

    Navin
    navin, Jun 24, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed navin <>
    writing in news:a7ec9289-8052-46a5-94d9-
    :

    > Hi Alll,
    >
    > In one of my pages, i have this weird problem. I am getting a value
    > from first page to second page through Cat = Request.Form("Category")
    > but when I try to put the value of Cat into a text box it does not
    > show the entire value.
    >
    > Eg. if Cat contains "Invoice Resolution", in the text box it displays
    > only "Invoice" and not the entire value of variable Cat
    >
    ><% Cat = Request.Form("Category") %>
    >
    ><input type="text" name="txtImprovementArea" size="26" tabindex="2"
    > value=<%= Cat %> readonly>
    >
    > I have checked and request.form does return the entire value but does
    > not show up in the text box.
    >
    > Thanks for the help in advance.
    >
    > Navin

    Look at the source. What does the source say?

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Jun 24, 2009

  3. navin

    Evertjan. Guest

    navin wrote on 24 jun 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Hi Alll,
    >
    > In one of my pages, i have this weird problem. I am getting a value
    > from first page to second page through Cat = Request.Form("Category")
    > but when I try to put the value of Cat into a text box it does not
    > show the entire value.
    >
    > Eg. if Cat contains "Invoice Resolution", in the text box it displays
    > only "Invoice" and not the entire value of variable Cat
    >
    > <% Cat = Request.Form("Category") %>
    >
    > <input type="text" name="txtImprovementArea" size="26" tabindex="2"
    > value=<%= Cat %> readonly>

    One of the first mistake asp newbees make,
    and even occasionally seasoned html/asp programmers now and then.

    Try it with quotes:

    value = '<% = Cat %>'

    or

    value = "<% = Cat %>"

    [making sure, that Cat does not contain the same type of quotes]

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jun 24, 2009
  4. navin

    navin Guest

    On Jun 24, 7:46 pm, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    > navin wrote on 24 jun 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    > > Hi Alll,

    > > In one of my pages, i have this weird problem. I am getting a value
    > > from first page to second page through Cat = Request.Form("Category")
    > > but when I try to put the value of Cat into a text box it does not
    > > show the entire value.

    > > Eg. if Cat contains "Invoice Resolution", in the text box it displays
    > > only "Invoice" and not the entire value of variable Cat

    > > <% Cat = Request.Form("Category") %>

    > > <input type="text" name="txtImprovementArea" size="26" tabindex="2"
    > > value=<%= Cat %> readonly>

    > One of the first mistake asp newbees make,
    > and even occasionally seasoned html/asp programmers now and then.
    >
    > Try it with quotes:
    >
    >  value = '<% = Cat %>'
    >
    > or
    >
    >  value = "<% = Cat %>"
    >
    > [making sure, that Cat does not contain the same type of quotes]
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    Thank you very much for helping me out. I will remember this tip.
    navin, Jun 24, 2009