    file with certain fields, a special delimiter.

    This file may be in network, and may have to acces from the network.
    Any help

    pritywiz, Sep 20, 2006

  2. pritywiz

    Guest

    hi...
    what is the delimiter... what is the format in which the file is to be
    written...be specific.... people will help only if u be specific ...
    pritywiz wrote:
    > I am a very beginner in c. I have to write a text parser to parse a
    > file with certain fields, a special delimiter.
    >
    > This file may be in network, and may have to acces from the network.
    > Any help

    , Sep 20, 2006

  3. pritywiz wrote:
    > I am a very beginner in c. I have to write a text parser to parse a
    > file with certain fields, a special delimiter.

    Then you better get busy. Since your requirements are so secret it
    looks like you best write some code and then show us.

    > This file may be in network, and may have to acces from the network.
    > Any help

    Start simple. Leave networking out of it for now, and just concentrate
    on your logic against a test file.

    Clever Monkey, Sep 20, 2006
  4. pritywiz

    pritywiz Guest

    At the moment I really dont know, but wanted to give an initial start,
    actually I am a PHP programmer and have done such parsing a lot.

    But currently we have a requirement in C. I just want you all to give
    me a beginner link or a basic code how to achieve this.

    For example, if I have an attribute value pair data with each attribute
    and value separated by '-' dash and the pair separated by a
    semicolon';' and each new record in a new line.

    Then if I want this in a database table -- which is also a task after I
    parse the text, I should be able to do it.

    Prity

    pritywiz, Sep 20, 2006
  5. pritywiz

    Default User Guest

    Re: Text Parser - how to [TPA]

    wrote:

    > hi...

    newsgroup, or:

    Default User, Sep 20, 2006
  6. pritywiz

    Re: Text Parser - how to [TPA]

    pritywiz wrote:

    > At the moment I really dont know, but wanted to give an initial start,

    newsgroup, or:

  7. pritywiz

    iuz Guest

    pritywiz wrote:

    > At the moment I really dont know, but wanted to give an initial start,
    > actually I am a PHP programmer and have done such parsing a lot.
    >
    > But currently we have a requirement in C. I just want you all to give
    > me a beginner link or a basic code how to achieve this.

    if you are familiar to PHP.. ask yourself how PHP parses php files?
    but i think that you need a simple parser so try to write some code and then
    come back..

    --
    www.iuz-lab.info

    iuz, Sep 21, 2006