TextBox controls determining if text is highlighted or selected

studen771

is this possible? I know that I can derive a class from the windows.form
namespace but then i Couldn't use it in an asp.net page. I want my user to be
able to select speciifc text they've highlited in an asp.net textbox and
change its formatting..is this possible?

Brock Allen

The classes in System.Windows.Forms have nothing to do with ASP.NET. I have
a feeling you're barking up the wrong tree. :(

studen771

I figured that much; I know this can be done via javascript yet the controls
have to be server side as they require server objects/members etc to be
used...is there any way possible this can be done in an ASP.net page?

studen771

WOW..so this isn't possible?