TextureMapping in java2D

Craig D

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to map a texture onto a shape in java2D. I
want the texture to be defined by user input, namely clicking the non
rectangular ( but probably 4 sided ) area on screen. I want to then
take that marked area and texture a shape for example just a square...
I've been working in j3d and half assumed it would be just as easy to
do it in java2D as in java3D ( TexCoord[ ] )

I apologise if it's blatantly obvious but i cant seem to find the
answer anywhere!
Havent looked too deeply but maybe i can create the texture in 3d,
texture a shape, then somehow get a bufferedImage from that... any
ideas?

Your help is very much appreciated!
Craig

Thomas Weidenfeller

Craig said:
I'm trying to find a way to map a texture onto a shape in java2D.

The best you probably get as part of Java2D is an affine transform of an
image. If that doesn't cut it for you, you need to write your own code
or look for some other platform.

/Thomas