    Thanks to all those who contributed their time and knowledge is such an unselfish
    manner. I'm really going to miss my daily read here.

    Mike
    MikeR, May 30, 2010

  2. MikeR

    p byers Guest

    Me too
    Pete (Northolt UK)

    p byers, May 31, 2010

  3. MikeR

    Roger Guest

    Surely once a newsgroup is released into the wild there's nothing Microsoft,
    or anyone else, can do about it?

    If MS decide to close down their msnews.microsoft.com servers, you just
    change to another server

    Your ISP probably has one that you can use for free.

    Roger

    Roger, Jun 1, 2010
  4. MikeR

    Bob Barrows Guest

    True, but then it's just another spam-infested group like the ones that
    drove me to the msnews groups. I'm going to try the comp groups for a while,
    but the memories of wading through all the crap are still intense.

    MS was at least removing spam from these groups until they got tired of
    doing it a month or so ago (I'm sure you can see the difference .. I
    certainly can).

    Anyways, farewell everyone. Maybe we'll find another place to yell at each
    other about netiquette :)

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows, Jun 1, 2010
  5. MikeR

    Neil Gould Guest

    Bob Barrows wrote:
    > True, but then it's just another spam-infested group like the ones
    > that drove me to the msnews groups. I'm going to try the comp groups
    > for a while, but the memories of wading through all the crap are
    > still intense.
    >
    > MS was at least removing spam from these groups until they got tired
    > of doing it a month or so ago (I'm sure you can see the difference ..
    > I certainly can).
    >
    > Anyways, farewell everyone. Maybe we'll find another place to yell at
    > each other about netiquette :)

    In the event that we don't find such a location, thank you for the help and
    insights that you provided over the years. I learned a lot about classic ASP
    here, and it is still serving me well.

    --
    best regards,

    Neil
    Neil Gould, Jun 1, 2010
  6. "Bob Barrows" <> wrote in message

    > Maybe we'll find another place to yell at each other about netiquette :)

    I certainly hope so too. I for one have neither the time nor the interest to
    post pointless blogs (hey everybody, look how funny and clever I am!),
    Facebook, Twitter or whatever...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP