that old program to query dozens of parameters of your C compiler

Yakov

Back in 90s, there was one program that
would print dozens of properties of your C compiler
(sizes of basic, types, alignments of types, endianess, is char
signed
and much more). Can anyone remind the name and/or link of that
program ? I could have been query.c but I can't find
anything relevant under this name.

Thanks
Yakov

Ben Pfaff

Yakov said:
Back in 90s, there was one program that
would print dozens of properties of your C compiler
(sizes of basic, types, alignments of types, endianess, is char
signed
and much more). Can anyone remind the name and/or link of that
program ? I could have been query.c but I can't find
anything relevant under this name.

enquire.c?
First hit: http://homepages.cwi.nl/~steven/enquire.html

Ben Pfaff

Richard Heathfield said:
Ben Pfaff said:

ROTFL!

Someone had *way* too much time on their hands. I especially liked the
way he detected the maximum significant identifier length. Was that
oozy or was that *oozy*?

It was extremely zzzzzy.