The curses module and licensing

Discussion in 'Python' started by Benjamin Schnitzler, Dec 6, 2012.

  1. Hello everyone,

    I am new to this list.
    I have a question concerning the curses module (I am using
    python2.7). Which license does this module have? Is it bases
    completely on the curses library? In the documentation the
    following is stated:

    "The curses module provides an interface to the curses library,
    the de-facto standard for portable advanced terminal handling."

    But also:

    "Changed in version 1.6: Added support for the ncurses library
    and converted to a package."

    Is it maybe built on both libraries? However, the crucial point
    is, that I want to build a curses terminal interface for some GPL
    software project. Can You give me a hint, if that is possible
    (yes, I know, You are no lawyers) and if and where I have to
    include licensing informations regarding the license of
    curses/ncurses ?

    Thank You

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Schnitzler, Dec 6, 2012