    appreciated.

    Many thanks,
    Tuxedo
    Tuxedo, Sep 16, 2013

  2. Tuxedo

    Scott Bryce Guest

    On 9/16/2013 10:42 AM, Tuxedo wrote:
    > I'm looking for a guestbook application, ideally in Perl, free or at
    > a cost.

    Are the NMS scripts still considered secure? According to the site, the
    last update to the guestbook script was made Feb 2006.
    Scott Bryce, Sep 16, 2013

  3. Tuxedo

    Tuxedo Guest

    Scott Bryce wrote:

    > On 9/16/2013 10:42 AM, Tuxedo wrote:
    > > I'm looking for a guestbook application, ideally in Perl, free or at
    > > a cost.

    > Are the NMS scripts still considered secure? According to the site, the
    > last update to the guestbook script was made Feb 2006.

    As far as I can remember, Matt Wright's scripts were frequently reported as
    insecure, I guess because the archive was one of the first of its kind.
    Nevertheless, I will check to see if it's still current
    http://www.scriptarchive.com/download.cgi?s=guestbook&c=txt&f=README
    http://www.scriptarchive.com/readme/guestbook.html#bugs

    "Created 4/21/95"

    It qualifies for old-fashioned, although I have a feeling this script is
    not going to be of much use.

    Tuxedo
    Tuxedo, Sep 18, 2013
  4. Tuxedo

    Uri Guttman Guest

    T> Scott Bryce wrote:
    >> On 9/16/2013 10:42 AM, Tuxedo wrote:
    >> > I'm looking for a guestbook application, ideally in Perl, free or at
    >> > a cost.

    >> Are the NMS scripts still considered secure? According to the site, the
    >> last update to the guestbook script was made Feb 2006.
    >>

    T> As far as I can remember, Matt Wright's scripts were frequently
    T> reported as insecure, I guess because the archive was one of the
    T> first of its kind. Nevertheless, I will check to see if it's still
    T> current
    T> http://www.scriptarchive.com/download.cgi?s=guestbook&c=txt&f=README
    T> http://www.scriptarchive.com/readme/guestbook.html#bugs

    T> It qualifies for old-fashioned, although I have a feeling this script is
    T> not going to be of much use.

    you are confusing the original matt's scripts with the NMS
    collection. NMS (originally named Not Matt's Scripts) are complete
    rewrites using cgi.pm and not full of holes. they are drop in
    replacements for matt's piles of stinking turd scripts. even matt has
    said to use NMS over his old code. and yet there are still matt's stuff
    running out there due to the name and search engine hits.

    uri
    Uri Guttman, Sep 18, 2013
  5. Tuxedo

    Tuxedo Guest

    Uri Guttman wrote:

    [...]

    > you are confusing the original matt's scripts with the NMS
    > collection. NMS (originally named Not Matt's Scripts) are complete
    > rewrites using cgi.pm and not full of holes. they are drop in
    > replacements for matt's piles of stinking turd scripts. even matt has
    > said to use NMS over his old code. and yet there are still matt's stuff
    > running out there due to the name and search engine hits.
    >
    > uri

    Many thanks for the clarification!

    Tuxedo
    Tuxedo, Sep 18, 2013