The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Discussion in '.NET' started by BobbyOwens, Jan 23, 2009.

  1. BobbyOwens

    BobbyOwens

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2009
    Messages:

    I've got a simple application, which I'm trying to open a specific web page, but get an exception. I've had to amend the way the address is constructed to allow posting it on this forum. :-(

    Dim strStart As String = "ht"
    Dim strMiddle As String = "tp://w"
    Dim strend As String = "ww.lda.gov.uk"
    Dim hrwHttpWebRequest As HttpWebRequest = WebRequest.Create(strStart & strmiddle & strend)
    hrwHttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    the exception is "The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error."

    Does anyone have any ideas as to why this could be happening? If I open the page in IE, it opens fine. I've also tried a utility called GetHTTP and that works also

    Regards

    Bobby

    BobbyOwens, Jan 23, 2009