    or 3 pages but it doesn't seem to work on the site although it does on
    my hard disk.

    Is this something to do with the site coding?

    thedarkman, Jan 14, 2012

  2. thedarkman wrote:

    > I ran this page
    >
    > http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_bibliography.html
    >
    > through
    >
    > http://validator.w3.org/
    >
    > and got 43 errors.

    Perhaps if you had added a proper DOCTYPE, there would have been fewer.

    Surely in the times you have asked questions here, *someone* has
    mentioned DOCTYPEs.

    That was an "early 1990s" amateur-looking web page. Did you translate the
    encoded JavaScript? Might be malicious!!!

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 14, 2012

  3. thedarkman

    Doug Miller Guest

    thedarkman <> wrote in news:9bca8bd8-9401-4ed1-9c37-
    :

    > I ran this page
    >
    > http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_bibliography.html
    >
    > through
    >
    > http://validator.w3.org/
    >
    > and got 43 errors.

    Do you ever actually READ the error messages you get when you validate one of your pages?

    Try putting a proper DOCTYPE declaration on the page -- like you've been told approximately
    seventeen thousand times already.

    > I added body open and close tags in the correct places

    I don't doubt that you added them...

    > and got 624.

    .... but that suggests strongly that you did not, in fact, put them in the correct places.

    > I think I'll [stick] with the former.

    And *that* suggests strongly that you're still trying to resolve your many coding errors by making
    random changes in the hopes that one of them will "work".

    Honestly, you'd save yourself a lot of time in the long run if you'd take the time to actually learn
    HTML so that you could approach page construction and troubleshooting systematically, instead of
    in the scattershot manner you now employ.

    > Something else, I've added the non-return code target="_blank"> to 2
    > or 3 pages but it doesn't seem to work on the site although it does on
    > my hard disk.

    Which ones don't work?

    > Is this something to do with the site coding?

    All things considered, it seems pretty likely...

    Doug Miller, Jan 14, 2012
  4. thedarkman

    Tim Streater Guest

    In article <jesqdo$ppk$>,
    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > thedarkman wrote:
    >
    > > I ran this page
    > >
    > > http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_bibliography.html
    > >
    > > through
    > >
    > > http://validator.w3.org/
    > >
    > > and got 43 errors.

    > Perhaps if you had added a proper DOCTYPE, there would have been fewer.
    >
    > Surely in the times you have asked questions here, *someone* has
    > mentioned DOCTYPEs.

    17,000 times, apparently. But the fathead doesn't listen. In which case
    I'm buggered if I know why he bothers trying to validate his shit.

    --
    Tim

    Tim Streater, Jan 14, 2012
  5. thedarkman

    Hot-Text Guest

    "thedarkman" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I ran this page
    >
    > http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_bibliography.html
    >
    > through
    >
    > http://validator.w3.org/
    >
    > and got 43 errors.
    >
    > I added body open and close tags in the correct places and got 624. I
    > think I'll still with the former.
    >
    > Something else, I've added the non-return code target="_blank"> to 2
    > or 3 pages but it doesn't seem to work on the site although it does on
    > my hard disk.
    >
    > Is this something to do with the site coding?

    For you Big Error is:

    Free Web Hosting
    Free Host Features Include:
    Unlimited Traffic
    20MB Free Web Space
    1GB Transfer
    Free Web Builder
    3 Free Email Accounts
    Ad Supported (banners)
    Click Here to Signup
    Compare Hosting Plans

    Go with www.tripod.com and
    your Error will start to go away....
    http://satpalramisguilty.tripod.com/

    Create a website for your business,
    interests and hobbies on Tripod!

    satpalramisguilty
    --
    Disallow: /

    Hot-Text, Jan 15, 2012
  6. thedarkman

    Hot-Text Guest

    Mr. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_bibliography.html

    is a 20m.com free
    and they are given a body or html to his webpages.....

    validator.w3.org all errors,

    For he can added a proper DOCTYPE, 20m.com will delete it,
    and the <HTML> tag and <Body> tag too..

    20m.com is runing a all JavaScript page, with out HTML

    --
    Disallow: /

    Hot-Text, Jan 15, 2012
  7. thedarkman

    Hot-Text Guest

    "Tim Streater" <> wrote in message news:...
    > In article <jesqdo$ppk$>,
    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >
    >> thedarkman wrote:
    >>
    >> > I ran this page
    >> >
    >> > http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_bibliography.html
    >> >
    >> > through
    >> >
    >> > http://validator.w3.org/
    >> >
    >> > and got 43 errors.

    >> Perhaps if you had added a proper DOCTYPE, there would have been fewer.
    >>
    >> Surely in the times you have asked questions here, *someone* has
    >> mentioned DOCTYPEs.

    > 17,000 times, apparently. But the fathead doesn't listen. In which case
    > I'm buggered if I know why he bothers trying to validate his shit.

    Do do see not why,
    you call the OP name,

    If you do not have the right,
    info or do not like to help,

    just do not post a reply....

    We call that a trolley..
    so do not act like one
    and you will not be one,

    See how I give you good info,
    so act civil,
    and you will always,
    get a civil reply..

    Act like a Troll,
    you see the way to a Kill File......

    --
    Disallow: /

    Hot-Text, Jan 15, 2012
  8. thedarkman

    Doug Miller Guest

    Tim Streater <> wrote in news:timstreater-40AE8B.23584214012012
    @news.individual.net:

    > In article <jesqdo$ppk$>,
    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >
    >> thedarkman wrote:
    >>
    >> > I ran this page
    >> >
    >> > http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_bibliography.html
    >> >
    >> > through
    >> >
    >> > http://validator.w3.org/
    >> >
    >> > and got 43 errors.

    >> Perhaps if you had added a proper DOCTYPE, there would have been fewer.
    >>
    >> Surely in the times you have asked questions here, *someone* has
    >> mentioned DOCTYPEs.

    > 17,000 times, apparently. But the fathead doesn't listen. In which case
    > I'm buggered if I know why he bothers trying to validate his shit.

    He appears to be on a crusade to show that the validator is worthless. I'm sure that it is, to him.

    Doug Miller, Jan 15, 2012