    Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

    --
    Filigree: Accomodating to young studs. (Glenn Gardner)

    Jan Hyde, Apr 28, 2006

  2. Jan Hyde

    Jan Hyde Guest

    Jan Hyde <>'s wild thoughts
    were released on Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:06:46 +0100 bearing the
    following fruit:

    >I keep reading that there should be a couple of built in
    >themes in the directory
    >
    >..\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.x.xxxxx\ASP.NETClientFiles\Themes
    >
    >I've yet to see any machine with this 'Themes' directory.
    >
    >Anyone know why?

    To answer my own question, it looks like this was dropped
    before the final release leaving a whole host of books
    giving incorrect info.

    Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

    --
    Men always make passes at girls that drain glasses. (Henny Youngman)

    Jan Hyde, Apr 28, 2006

  3. The correct directory for Themes is an App_Themes
    subdirectory of your application's home directory.

    Check out this reference :
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ykzx33wh(VS.80).aspx

    For general information and more examples, see :
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/705sff8d(VS.80).aspx

    For sample developer code from a peer, see :
    http://www.dotnettreats.com/tools/Default.aspx

    See an online preview of the download contents at :
    http://www.dotnettreats.com/SampleThemes/Default.aspx
    Click on any of the Themes in the left column to see the variety.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 28, 2006
  4. Jan Hyde

    tdavisjr Guest

    > To answer my own question, it looks like this was dropped
    > before the final release leaving a whole host of books
    > giving incorrect info.
    >

    > Jan Hyde (VB MVP)
    >
    > --

    Yes you are correct. The Theme I kept seeing in the books is the
    SmokeAndGlass Theme. I wonder why this was dropped.

    tdavisjr, Apr 28, 2006
  5. Jan Hyde

    Jan Hyde Guest

    "Juan T. Llibre" <>'s wild thoughts
    were released on Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:12:09 -0400 bearing the
    following fruit:

    >The correct directory for Themes is an App_Themes
    >subdirectory of your application's home directory.

    Yea I know, I don't have any artistic talent in me what so
    ever, I just wanted to play around with some existing
    themes.

    I already have a theme set up but whatever colours I put
    together always look horrendous ;-)

    >Check out this reference :
    >http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ykzx33wh(VS.80).aspx
    >
    >For general information and more examples, see :
    >http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/705sff8d(VS.80).aspx
    >
    >For sample developer code from a peer, see :
    >http://www.dotnettreats.com/tools/Default.aspx
    >
    >See an online preview of the download contents at :
    >http://www.dotnettreats.com/SampleThemes/Default.aspx
    >Click on any of the Themes in the left column to see the variety.
    >

    >Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    >aspnetfaq.com : http://www.aspnetfaq.com/
    >asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    >foros de asp.net, en español : http://asp.net.do/foros/
    >===================================
    >"Jan Hyde" <> wrote in message
    >>I keep reading that there should be a couple of built in
    >> themes in the directory
    >>
    >> ..\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.x.xxxxx\ASP.NETClientFiles\Themes
    >>
    >> I've yet to see any machine with this 'Themes' directory.
    >>
    >> Anyone know why?
    >>

    >> Jan Hyde (VB MVP)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Filigree: Accomodating to young studs. (Glenn Gardner)

    Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

    --
    Did you hear about the depressed proctologist?
    He was feeling down in the dumps. (Thieving Joker)

    Jan Hyde, Apr 28, 2006
  6. r:
    > I already have a theme set up but whatever colours I put
    > together always look horrendous ;-)

    heh, heh...

    I'm a "code person", too, with no graphic design talent whatsoever.

    :)

    The samples at :
    > http://www.dotnettreats.com/tools/Default.aspx

    and