THIMC: YML 1.0 released

Discussion in 'XML' started by Volker Birk, May 17, 2008.

  1. Volker Birk

    Volker Birk Guest

    Hi,

    because I think, that XSLT is convenient, but it's somewhat unexpedient
    to program XSLT directly, I thought about a more plain solution: YML -
    translating a Python- or C-like language into YML.

    With YML you'll in particular get the features, which make those things
    more easy, which are annoying writing XSLT. ;-)

    Because everything is being translated into XSLT, you can use YML or
    YSLT, respectively, anywhere, where "pure" XSLT or XML is being used
    now.

    This is a hello world in YSLT:

    ----------------------- schnipp ----------------------------------------
    include yslt.yml

    stylesheet {
    output "text"

    template("/") {
    > hello, world\n

    ----------------------- schnapp ----------------------------------------

    If you're interested in a somewhat more complicated sample, see this
    one for (simplyfied) generating Java interfaces out of XMI using YSLT:

    <http://fdik.org/yml/xmi2JavaInterface.ysl>

    The documentation you'll find on YML homepage here:
    <http://fdik.org/yml/>

    For having fun, I hacked a "Default Compiler", which generates a default
    Y language out of an XML schema. From this tool I got ~99% of YHTML.

    So the documentation is in YHTML ;-) <http://fdik.org/yml/index.yhtml>
    I'm open for creative hints how to improve that, preferably in
    de.comp.text.xml.

    BTW: YML tool chain is being used in production in our company for some
    time now, so it's a pretty square deal already ;-)

    <http://www.logix-tt.com/divisions/software.shtml>

    You can download a POSIX distribution under GNU GPL 2.0 here:

    <http://fdik.org/yml/yml.tar.bz2>

    YML can easily be used on Windows, too. You'll need Python, xsltproc and
    XMLStarlet.

    F'up2dctx

    Yours,
    VB.
    --
    The file name of an indirect node file is the string "iNode" immediately
    followed by the link reference converted to decimal text, with no leading

    Volker Birk, May 17, 2008