Thread Abort Exception

daveh551

I've recently switched from VS 2005 and Framework 2.0 to VS 2008 and
Framework 3.5, though I don't know that I'm necessarily using any 3.5
features.

I've noticed that, since I switched over, when running under the
debugger in VS, I get a couple of "ThreadAbort Exception not handled
by the application" in the Output window when I close the browser that
I'm using to view the site. It says it occurs in mscorlib.dll.
There is no code that am running at that point, so there's nothing I
can do to catch the exception, and I'm concerned that this may be
aborting the application before Application_End has a chance to run (I
do some cleanup stuff in there).

When I was running under VS 2005, the application would continue to
run even after I closed the browser, and I would have to explicitly do
a "Stop Debugging" in the debugger to get it to terminate.

Is this expected behavior, or is there something else that I have
changed that has escaped my notice. (I've also changed machines in the
process, though I'm running XP and IIS 5.1 on both of them.) And
also, is it anything to be concerned about?