threads an session variables

Guest

hello,
In my web app when some button is clicked, a new thread is created to
import data and that thread creates some threads too, inside those threads
some session variables are updated, but another aspx page can´t see the
updates, this happends only if i set the sessionstate mode to stateserver,
with inproc mode all works fine, i use session variables in other aspx pages
and all works fine(but don´t use threads to read/update session variables).

Any sugestions?

Guest

Panic,
This sounds terribly complicated to me. Have you tried to see if the
HttpContext.Current is available to these background threads?
Peter

Guest

No, the HttpContext is not availabe for that threads, the weird thing here
it is that all works fine setting mode=inproc for sessionstate. in web
config.

Guest

To make it work, for now i change the session variables for application
variables and it works i made this just because both pages are available just
for one user, i don´t recomend this for other situations...i´ll keep looking
for a solution with session variables.