    The browser session for one website works fine, the browser session for the
    other website times out earlier than 120 minutes. How can I troubleshoot
    the timeouts ?

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iSEs=?=, Apr 10, 2007

  2. re:
    > Session State is enabled with a timeout of 90000 mintues.

    The maximum session timeout period allowed is 1440 minutes.

    Try setting a value equal or lower than 1440.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 10, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Um9iSEs=?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "RobHK" <> wrote in message

    > Session State is enabled with a timeout of 90000 mintues.

    You're trying to set a Session timeout of over 62.5 days...?

    I have to ask - is this a typo...?

    Mark Rae, Apr 10, 2007
  4. The configuration item you are looking at in IIS is for Classic ASP only -
    and has no effect on ASP.NET apps. You need to use the item in your
    web.config.
    Peter

    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Apr 10, 2007
  5. Re: Session Timeout problems-web.confg session state and IIS sessi

    "Mark Rae" wrote:

    > "RobHK" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > Session State is enabled with a timeout of 90000 mintues.

    > You're trying to set a Session timeout of over 62.5 days...?
    >
    > I have to ask - is this a typo...?

    No typo.. I'm just trying to "deactive" the timeout by making it as long
    as possible. From another post .. this setting is for Classis ASP only and
    not for .net . Someone else had said 1440 is the maximum so I will try that
    just to see what happens. the only timeout I want to be happening is the
    one from the web.config at 120 minutes.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iSEs=?=, Apr 11, 2007