    asp.net process.

    Best Regards
    Anders Both, Denmark.
    Anders Both, Jan 5, 2004

  2. There are any number of ways to accomplish what you want. First, you should
    use structured exception handling in your code. When an exception occurs,
    simply write the Exception message and optionally a Stack Trace to the
    server's event log. Whatever else you want to do is up to you, but this will
    at least give you an event log entry telling you what went wrong.

    In addition, as the spawned threads have access to the class which spawned
    them, you can set properties in the calling class when an exception occurs.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "Anders Both" <> wrote in message
    > Does someone know´s about using threads and/or asynchronous programming
    > inside asp.net (inside the asp.net process). I am here not speaking about
    > the thing that the IIS makes new threads for each request, but about
    > starting a thread inside the asp.net process.
    > I am making big use of this thing in my applikation, but I have the

    problem
    > that when exceptions/errors uccur no message is bein showed. When VS is
    > running a wery undetaild message shows up (no line number filename or
    > anything, just the name of the exception). When VS is not running no

    message
    > appears at all.
    > I hope someone have a good advice, or that maybe someone knows a place

    where

    Kevin Spencer, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Anders Both

    Anders Both Guest

    Yes, and thx.

    But the problem is more during developing, and during devoloping I dont
    catch all exception my self.

    Anders Both, Jan 5, 2004
  4. If you're talking about running in the debugger, it is true that the
    debugger won't step into the child threads that are spawned. However, you
    can put a breakpoint into the child thread's code, and the child thread will
    break there.

    Kevin Spencer, Jan 5, 2004