three public domain java icons

Roedy Green

I have posted three pubic domain java icons you can use freely on your
own website or in your own apps.
They come is sizes 16x16 to 256x256 in both png and ico format.

There are icons for Java Web Start, the JRE and the JDK.

I commissioned them from Ahasoft.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/icon.html#FREE

Mark Space

Roedy said:
I have posted three pubic domain java icons you can use freely on your
own website or in your own apps.
They come is sizes 16x16 to 256x256 in both png and ico format.

There are icons for Java Web Start, the JRE and the JDK.

I commissioned them from Ahasoft.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/icon.html#FREE

It's cool that you do things like this Roedy. THanks.

Roedy Green

It's cool that you do things like this Roedy. THanks.

It is silly little things like this that I hope will sell Java and
give it presence in the public mind. Bill Gates seems to spend 100 to
1 on making Vista look cool rather than behaving solidly.

Andrea Francia

Roedy said:
I have posted three pubic domain java icons you can use freely on your
own website or in your own apps.
They come is sizes 16x16 to 256x256 in both png and ico format.

There are icons for Java Web Start, the JRE and the JDK.

I commissioned them from Ahasoft.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/icon.html#FREE

The JDK and the JRE icons are very cute.
But I find the Web Start icon is a little strange.

Anyway, many thanks to you for making them available.

Andrea Francia

Roedy said:
I have posted three pubic domain java icons you can use freely on your
own website or in your own apps.
They come is sizes 16x16 to 256x256 in both png and ico format.

There are icons for Java Web Start, the JRE and the JDK.

I commissioned them from Ahasoft.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/icon.html#FREE

Before all, thanks you again.

Why not provide also in the SVG format?

In the zip files there is not a license file, in which sense they are
FREE? Are they public domain? One can modify, and/or redistribute them?

Roedy Green

Why not provide also in the SVG format?

I commissioned them, I did not create them. They were created using
xara and polished with Photoshop. Next time I get will also about the
possibility of getting the SVG.

Roedy Green

In the zip files there is not a license file, in which sense they are
FREE? Are they public domain? One can modify, and/or redistribute them?

I have added licence files to the zips.

Roedy Green

But I find the Web Start icon is a little strange.

Too bad you missed the earlier discussions on what the JWS icon should
look like.

Aha-soft.com charges $65 to make a multisize Vista icon. If you want
to design one yourself or commission a variation, I would be more than
happy to add it to the set.

The Linux people have had endless fun with their penguin.