Tibia 0.1 DOM-based website editor

Discussion in 'Python' started by Robert Brewer, Dec 10, 2004.

  1. Cross-posted here to encourage comments/discussion. I know there's a big
    feature or two I'm missing out on ;) Suggestions welcome.

    Tibia is an in-browser editor for web pages. It allows you to quickly
    and easily modify the content of your web pages. It allows you to
    directly view, edit, and save files on your webserver. It also allows
    you to upload files from your local filesystem to your webserver, and
    then edit those documents. It also allows you to grab web pages from
    other websites and save them on your server, and then edit _those_.

    Stick the single tibia.tba file on your webserver (assuming Python is
    installed) and you're off and editing files in the same folder or below.
    Admins can edit any element; non-admins can edit any element for which
    admins give them permission.

    You should probably have IE6 or Firefox; IE has limitations. If you want
    to test it with another recent browser (it's all DOM-based), feel free
    and let me know what breaks: . Ditto for other
    webserver/OS/Python versions. You can also fill out complete bug reports
    or feature requests at http://www.casadeamor.com/FogBugz.

    Tibia is public domain.

    Download: http://www.aminus.org/rbre/tibia/tibia.tba

    Subversion: svn://casadeamor.com/tibia/trunk

    Help: http://www.aminus.org/rbre/tibia/tibia.html

    Demo: http://www.aminus.org/rbre/tibia/demo/tibia.tba
    Log in as an admin with iwethey/yammer.
    Log in as a guest with guest/guest.
    Please don't break my little home webserver ;)

    Robert Brewer
    MIS
    Amor Ministries

    Robert Brewer, Dec 10, 2004

  2. > Stick the single tibia.tba file on your webserver (assuming Python is
    > installed) and you're off and editing files in the same folder or below.
    > Admins can edit any element; non-admins can edit any element for which
    > admins give them permission.

    - Stuck in /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/
    - Changed permissions to 755
    - Renamed to tibia.cgi

    .... 500 Internal Server Error.

    I don't have a lot of experience with CGI, though, so any help would be
    welcome.

    Regards,

    Dirkjan

    Dirkjan Ochtman, Dec 10, 2004

  3. Robert Brewer

    Fuzzyman Guest

    Interesting.

    I couldn't get the demo to work either by the way. A 404 error on the
    tba file.

    This is *similar* t oa project I'm about to release, Jalopy. Jalopy is
    a collaborative website tool - allowing a team of people to work on a
    website together. It uses Kupu as an online WYSIWYG HTML editor. (I
    assume tibia uses something similar ? if not you should integrate Kupu
    !).

    You can see a jalopy demo at
    http://www.voidspace.org.uk/cgi-bin/jalopydemo/jalopy.py

    I'm not *sure* if that is the latest version - but I think so. I've
    nearly finished the docs and will do a release.

    Regards,
    Fuzzy

    Fuzzyman, Dec 11, 2004