Tie a file to a hash

SpecialK

Does anyone know how to tie a large file to a hash without using shared
memory?
I know I can use Tie::File to tie the file to an array and from the array
create a hash, but I need something that is much faster than that?

thanks,
gregk

Ben Morrow

SpecialK said:
Does anyone know how to tie a large file to a hash without using shared
memory?
I know I can use Tie::File to tie the file to an array and from the array
create a hash, but I need something that is much faster than that?

How do you want the file to be tied? In particular, what do you want to
be the keys and what the values of the hash?

Ben