timeoutsocket.py

Gilles Lenfant

Hi,

I'm looking for the "official" timeoutsocket.py by Timothy O'Malley (maybe
he'll read this :)

I got this in my bookmarks...

http://www.timo-tasi.org/python/timeoutsocket.py

....but it seems to be dead at the time of writing this.
Some other versions seems to be available but google didn't help (or didn't
search correctly) to locate the latest stable version.

Many thanks in advance.

Gilles Lenfant

John J. Lee

Note that if you upgrade to Python 2.3, it's now built-in.
[...]

Also note there was a bug in timeoutsocket for recent Pythons -- a
missing method. There's a c.l.py thread where I describe it, I'm
pretty sure.

John

Gilles Lenfant

Aahz said:
Note that if you upgrade to Python 2.3, it's now built-in.

Thanks, I know this, but I need to stay with Python 2.2.x because the latest
Zope claims for it.

Jay Dorsey

Missed part of this thread, but I just remembered that I had it on one
of my former employers servers -- I just e-mailed someone still with the
company to see if its still there. Also, I just checked on archive.org
for http://www.timo-tasi.org/python/timeoutsocket.py and it came up with
revisions as recent as feb 2 of this year-- revision 1.23 seems to be
the most recent.

Regards,

Jay