Tk::Listbox

greymausg

I seem to be having areal problem with Tk::Listbox, wrote the script

http://sial.org/pbot/36228.

Which fails with error:

no event type or button # or keysym at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i486-linux-thread-multi/Tk/Widget.pm
line 1105, line 53092. at wordscan.pl line 23

In an effort to trace the problem, I downloaded the example codes
from Mastering Perl/Tk (oreilly) and my perl is having trouble with
Listbox in one of those scripts as well. Slackware 12.2, Perl 5.10.0

sln

I seem to be having areal problem with Tk::Listbox, wrote the script

http://sial.org/pbot/36228.

Which fails with error:

no event type or button # or keysym at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i486-linux-thread-multi/Tk/Widget.pm
line 1105, line 53092. at wordscan.pl line 23

In an effort to trace the problem, I downloaded the example codes
from Mastering Perl/Tk (oreilly) and my perl is having trouble with
Listbox in one of those scripts as well. Slackware 12.2, Perl 5.10.0

Its probably an installation problem as mentioned in this thread.
Searching "no event type or button" pulls up pages of hits.
Seems Tk bugs are not being addressed. Most switch to Gtk, which
is supported better.

-sln