    greymaus
    ..
    , Apr 26, 2009

    On 26 Apr 2009 15:04:35 GMT, wrote:

    >I seem to be having areal problem with Tk::Listbox, wrote the script
    >
    >http://sial.org/pbot/36228.
    >
    >Which fails with error:
    >
    >no event type or button # or keysym at
    >/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i486-linux-thread-multi/Tk/Widget.pm
    >line 1105, line 53092. at wordscan.pl line 23
    >

    >In an effort to trace the problem, I downloaded the example codes
    >from Mastering Perl/Tk (oreilly) and my perl is having trouble with
    >Listbox in one of those scripts as well. Slackware 12.2, Perl 5.10.0

    Its probably an installation problem as mentioned in this thread.
    Searching "no event type or button" pulls up pages of hits.
    Seems Tk bugs are not being addressed. Most switch to Gtk, which
    is supported better.

    -sln
    , Apr 26, 2009

    On 2009-04-26, <> wrote:
    > On 26 Apr 2009 15:04:35 GMT, wrote:
    >
    >>I seem to be having areal problem with Tk::Listbox, wrote the script
    >>
    >>http://sial.org/pbot/36228.
    >>
    >>Which fails with error:
    >>
    >>no event type or button # or keysym at
    >>/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i486-linux-thread-multi/Tk/Widget.pm
    >>line 1105, line 53092. at wordscan.pl line 23
    >>

    >>In an effort to trace the problem, I downloaded the example codes
    >>from Mastering Perl/Tk (oreilly) and my perl is having trouble with
    >>Listbox in one of those scripts as well. Slackware 12.2, Perl 5.10.0

    > http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=740491
    >
    > Its probably an installation problem as mentioned in this thread.
    > Searching "no event type or button" pulls up pages of hits.
    > Seems Tk bugs are not being addressed. Most switch to Gtk, which
    > is supported better.

    Ta, very likely

    --
    greymaus
    ..

    On 2009-04-26, <> wrote:
    > On 2009-04-26, <> wrote:
    >> On 26 Apr 2009 15:04:35 GMT, wrote:
    >>
    >>>I seem to be having areal problem with Tk::Listbox, wrote the script
    >>>
    >>>http://sial.org/pbot/36228.
    >>>
    >>>Which fails with error:
    >>>
    >>>no event type or button # or keysym at
    >>>/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i486-linux-thread-multi/Tk/Widget.pm
    >>>line 1105, line 53092. at wordscan.pl line 23
    >>>

    >>>In an effort to trace the problem, I downloaded the example codes
    >>>from Mastering Perl/Tk (oreilly) and my perl is having trouble with
    >>>Listbox in one of those scripts as well. Slackware 12.2, Perl 5.10.0

    >> http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=740491
    >>
    >> Its probably an installation problem as mentioned in this thread.
    >> Searching "no event type or button" pulls up pages of hits.
    >> Seems Tk bugs are not being addressed. Most switch to Gtk, which
    >> is supported better.
    >>

    > Ta, very likely

    Just been looking into Gtk2.. any good sources, tutorials?

    --
    greymaus
    ..
  5. Lamprecht Guest

    Lamprecht, Apr 27, 2009

    On 2009-04-27, Lamprecht <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> I seem to be having areal problem with Tk::Listbox, wrote the script
    >>
    >> http://sial.org/pbot/36228.
    >>
    >> Which fails with error:
    >>
    >> no event type or button # or keysym at
    >> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i486-linux-thread-multi/Tk/Widget.pm

    > This seems to be fixed in
    > http://search.cpan.org/~srezic/Tk-804.028_501/
    > See also:
    > http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=38746