Tkinter & Python 2.5 Problems on MAC OS 10.3.9

Thomas Ploch

Hello folks,

Since this is my first post on the list, a brief introduction of myself.

My name is Thomas, I am 26 years old, I am a student of Computational
Linguistics and I am a python user. :)

Now my problem:

I have Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 installed:

iPimpG4:~ profipimp$ tclsh
% info patchlevel
8.4.4
%

But when I try to import Tkinter
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py",
line 38, in <module>
import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for
Tk
ImportError: dlcompat: dyld:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
can't open library: /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.4/Tk (No
such file or directory, errno = 2)

....this happens.

Why?

Tkinter worked perfectly with 2.3 and 2.4...

Cheers,
Thomas

Kevin Walzer

Thomas said:
[...]

Where is your installation of Tcl/Tk? It sounds like Python can't find it.

Were you using the standard MacPython builds previously, or Unix-based
builds from Fink or DarwinPorts?

Thomas Ploch

Kevin said:
Where is your installation of Tcl/Tk? It sounds like Python can't find it.

Were you using the standard MacPython builds previously, or Unix-based
builds from Fink or DarwinPorts?

I built python from source using gcc 4.0.1, but I have solved it by
installing a version of Tcl/TkAqua, now everything runs fine.

Still I dont know why that has happened. The fink directories are in
searchpath...

Thanks for your help,
Thomas