    CPU speeds recently, I wave my paw and just say "Bah!" (something I learned
    from Dogbert). Any other comments?

    Thanks in advance for any aid and comfort.
    John Benson, Dec 2, 2003

  2. John Benson

    JanC Guest

    "John Benson" <> schreef:

    > I've often seen Tkinter referred to as the "standard" Python GUI. I
    > assume that this is because it may be the oldest and perhaps the most
    > cross-platform. Is that all that can be said for it?

    Tkinter is included with official Python releases, other GUI toolkits have
    to be installed separately...

    --
    JanC

    JanC, Dec 3, 2003

  3. "John Benson" <> wrote in

    > Hi, I'm using Tkinter and would like to know how to replace the red
    > "Tk" logo in the left corner of the title bar of the root window with
    > some other icon.
    >
    > Another question for curiosity's sake:
    >
    > I've often seen Tkinter referred to as the "standard" Python GUI. I
    > assume that this is because it may be the oldest and perhaps the most
    > cross-platform. Is that all that can be said for it? I've already
    > heard about the Tkinter interpretive overhead, but given the amazing
    > increase in CPU speeds recently, I wave my paw and just say "Bah!"
    > (something I learned from Dogbert). Any other comments?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any aid and comfort.

    Try hackicon if you are on Windoze
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/hackicon/
    Howard Lightstone, Dec 3, 2003
  4. John Benson

    Eric Brunel Guest

    Howard Lightstone wrote:
    > "John Benson" <> wrote in
    >

    >>Hi, I'm using Tkinter and would like to know how to replace the red
    >>"Tk" logo in the left corner of the title bar of the root window with
    >>some other icon.
    >>
    >>Another question for curiosity's sake:
    >>
    >>I've often seen Tkinter referred to as the "standard" Python GUI. I
    >>assume that this is because it may be the oldest and perhaps the most
    >>cross-platform. Is that all that can be said for it? I've already
    >>heard about the Tkinter interpretive overhead, but given the amazing
    >>increase in CPU speeds recently, I wave my paw and just say "Bah!"
    >>(something I learned from Dogbert). Any other comments?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance for any aid and comfort.
    >>

    > Try hackicon if you are on Windoze
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/hackicon/

    On reasonably recent versions of tcl/tk, the methods iconbitmap and iconmask on
    instances of Toplevel (or Tk) should work on Unices and Windows. See the
    corresponding commands for tk at:
    http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TkCmd/wm.htm

    HTH
    --
    - Eric Brunel <eric dot brunel at pragmadev dot com> -
    Eric Brunel, Dec 3, 2003
  5. Tkinter question: drag and drop

    Hi,

    I know how to use dnd between two Tkinter windows
    but do not know if it is possible to receive a dnd call when dragging a
    file/folder icon from a window manager (e.g. winxp explorer, nautilus...)
    to a Tk window?

    /vr
    Vincent Rioux, Dec 8, 2003