Tkinter special math chars

phil

Using Tkinter to teach high school geometry.
Sorta committed to Tkinter at least for now.
Would like to use some special chars like
limits, infinity, square root, cube root
and a buch more.
in Text Box and Cancas

Is there some package I can integrate with
Tkinter to do this.

Even better would a 'supplemental' font file.
In other words I create my own fonts without
disturbing the regular fonts and I have to write the
code which tells it when to use the special fonts.
I haven't a clue how to do something like that.
I know Tkinter will let you change fonts but
I would have to control it on a char basis
somthing like:
'As the function approaches {INFINITY}'
scan and somehow replace.

TIA.

Paul Rubin

phil said:
Using Tkinter to teach high school geometry. Sorta committed to
Tkinter at least for now. Would like to use some special chars like
limits, infinity, square root, cube root and a buch more.

If you want to get really fancy, you could do what Wikimedia does:
take TeX input, run it through TeX and a dvi converter and make it
into a graphic that you simply display as a .gif.