    Datasource in
    Tomcat?

    Cheers,

    johnny bb, Oct 7, 2005

  2. johnny bb

    Guest

    johnny bb wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Have anyone of you succesfully created datasource in Tomcat 5.5.x?
    > I can't get it work. I have tried to do everything what Tomcat's
    > documentation
    > says but it does not work.
    >
    > Anyone you have sample configuration files which shows how to create
    > Datasource in
    > Tomcat?
    >
    > Cheers,

    Just like the docs say (sorry!), *but* make sure to have a copy of your
    JDBC driver in the $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib directory. What database
    are you trying to connect to? And what's the exception you're getting
    when trying to connect?

    , Oct 7, 2005

  3. johnny bb

    johnny bb Guest

    I'm trying to use Oracle. Database driver is in common/lib directory but
    still
    when I try to get Connection instance ""Cannot create JDBC driver of class
    '' for connect URL 'null'" error comes.

    What this actuacclt mens?

    <> kirjoitti
    viestissä:v1A1f.121$...

    johnny bb, Oct 9, 2005
  4. johnny bb

    Bryce Guest

    On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 08:43:47 +0300, "johnny bb" <>
    wrote:

    >I'm trying to use Oracle. Database driver is in common/lib directory but
    >still
    >when I try to get Connection instance ""Cannot create JDBC driver of class
    >'' for connect URL 'null'" error comes.
    >
    >What this actuacclt mens?

    Post your context.

    --
    now with more cowbell

    Bryce, Oct 13, 2005
  5. johnny bb

    Roedy Green Guest

    wrote or quoted :

    >when I try to get Connection instance ""Cannot create JDBC driver of class
    >'' for connect URL 'null'" error comes.

    sounds like the JBDC classes for the JDBC implementation are not on
    your classpath.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/where.html
    for some thoughts on how to track your problem.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Oct 22, 2005