Tomcat 5 - WEB-INF/lib load order

gc.johnson

Hi

(I thought this would been asked a 100 times before but couldn't find
any answers.)

I know that the web application specs don't define any load order for
JAR files in the /WEB-INF/lib folder but does Tomcat 5 have a
deterministic load order?

I am having to re-implement a class from a base JAR file into a new JAR
file in the web application. So I want a way to know that Tomcat 5
will load the version of the class in my custom JAR file rather than
the base one.

Thanks

JScoobyCed

Hi

(I thought this would been asked a 100 times before but couldn't find
any answers.)

I know that the web application specs don't define any load order for
JAR files in the /WEB-INF/lib folder but does Tomcat 5 have a
deterministic load order?

I am having to re-implement a class from a base JAR file into a new JAR
file in the web application. So I want a way to know that Tomcat 5
will load the version of the class in my custom JAR file rather than
the base one.

Thanks

If you have access to the Tomcat folder, simply place your jar in the
$TOMCAT_FOLDER/common/endorsed/ folder. It will be used as prioritized JAR.