Tomcat and web.xml

genkuro

Alright. Here's a definitive newbie question.

Tomcat parses the web.xml file. Where does it whisk the resulting
dataset to? Is it part of the Servlet class?

I've already tried getServletContext() and getServletConfig(). Both
seemingly did not relate to web.xml at all. Or maybe I'm looking at
nested data.

Ultimately, I want to get at the <context-param> tags.

Thanks!

Manish Pandit

Alright. Here's a definitive newbie question.

Tomcat parses the web.xml file. Where does it whisk the resulting
dataset to? Is it part of the Servlet class?

I've already tried getServletContext() and getServletConfig(). Both
seemingly did not relate to web.xml at all. Or maybe I'm looking at
nested data.

Ultimately, I want to get at the <context-param> tags.

Thanks!

Try context.getInitParameter(paramName);

where context is the servlet context.

I know this is very counter-intuitive, but I guess having it
getContextParameter() would just be too easy for Sun.

-cheers,
Manish

genkuro

Try context.getInitParameter(paramName);

where context is the servlet context.

I know this is very counter-intuitive, but I guess having it
getContextParameter() would just be too easy for Sun.

-cheers,
Manish

Hi Manish -

Worked great. Thanks for the help.