Tomcat not updating index.jsp to my jsp file!

tiewknvc9

Hi,

I have the following issue. I setup tomcat successfully (hooray!),
and now I see the tomcat default index page. So I take my own
index.jsp
page and put it into the root of the website, the exact location I am
accessing, however, when I go to visit that page, it still says
"Youve
setup tomcat successfully". I cleared the cache on my own machine,
and in tomcat, but the problem has not resolved... I know that this
may be slightly off topic, but it is jsp related, and Im sure that
people in this forum have solved this issue.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Richard Senior

tiewknvc9 said:
I have the following issue. I setup tomcat successfully (hooray!),
and now I see the tomcat default index page. So I take my own
index.jsp page and put it into the root of the website, the exact location I am
accessing, however, when I go to visit that page, it still says
"Youve setup tomcat successfully".

In which directory did you put the JSP file?

What is the URL that you are typing to access the page?

Have you modified any of the configuration files or is it vanilla Tomcat?

Nino

There are settings in the server.xml file on Tomcat that give you an
option to make the code reloadable when updating information. If this
is not available or is set to false, then you will need to restart
Tomcat (or reload the contexts) each time you put new information into
the folder...

Also, all compiled code goes to: <Tomcat home dir>/work/
Try removing the compiled index.java and index.class page from
there...

Hope that helps.

Nino