    people in this forum have solved this issue.

    any ideas?

    Thanks in advance!
    tiewknvc9, May 11, 2007

  2. tiewknvc9 wrote:

    > I have the following issue. I setup tomcat successfully (hooray!),
    > and now I see the tomcat default index page. So I take my own
    > index.jsp page and put it into the root of the website, the exact location I am
    > accessing, however, when I go to visit that page, it still says
    > "Youve setup tomcat successfully".

    In which directory did you put the JSP file?

    What is the URL that you are typing to access the page?

    Have you modified any of the configuration files or is it vanilla Tomcat?

    --
    Regards,

    Richard
    Richard Senior, May 11, 2007

  3. tiewknvc9

    tiewknvc9 Guest

    On May 11, 11:46 am, Richard Senior <>
    wrote:
    > tiewknvc9 wrote:
    > > I have the following issue. I setuptomcatsuccessfully (hooray!),
    > > and now I see thetomcatdefault index page. So I take my own
    > > index.jsp page and put it into the root of the website, the exact location I am
    > > accessing, however, when I go to visit that page, it still says
    > > "Youve setuptomcatsuccessfully".

    > In which directory did you put the JSP file?
    >
    > What is the URL that you are typing to access the page?
    >
    > Have you modified any of the configuration files or is it vanillaTomcat?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard

    it is a vanilla setup, the url is http://ipaddress:8081/index.jsp

    it is in root...
    tiewknvc9, May 11, 2007
  4. tiewknvc9 wrote:

    > On May 11, 11:46 am, Richard Senior <>
    >> In which directory did you put the JSP file?

    > it is in root...

    You mean <tomcat_home>/webapps/ROOT/index.jsp?

    --
    Regards,

    Richard
    Richard Senior, May 11, 2007
  5. tiewknvc9

    Nino Guest

    There are settings in the server.xml file on Tomcat that give you an
    option to make the code reloadable when updating information. If this
    is not available or is set to false, then you will need to restart
    Tomcat (or reload the contexts) each time you put new information into
    the folder...

    Also, all compiled code goes to: <Tomcat home dir>/work/
    Try removing the compiled index.java and index.class page from
    there...

    Hope that helps.

    Nino

    Nino, May 12, 2007