Tomcat on Eclipse WebApplication Context Path Problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by Soren, Mar 15, 2007.

  1. Soren

    Soren Guest

    Hi
    I tried to write some nice web app but... there are problems again.
    I've searched a little on google and wtp project site but i haven't
    found something for me. I use:
    Fedora Core 6
    JDK 1.6
    Eclipse 3.2.2
    WTP 1.5.3
    Tomcat 5.5

    I create new project and set context path and when I try to access
    sample jsp page the context path seems to be invalid. What is more
    strange I can only access application through web application project name.
    for example:
    project name: HelloWebApp
    context path: hello
    and then try to access any page
    http://localhost:8080/hello/index.jsp - did't work but it should
    http://localhost:8080/HelloWebApp/index.jsp - is working but why ?

    In NetBeans IDE is everything ok so this problem occurs only with
    eclipse & wtp. Please help me to solve this problem.
    I don't know what to do.
    Soren, Mar 15, 2007