context help

MileHighCelt

I have an application for Tomcat that will be deployed such as:

tomcat
|-webapps
|-project
|-WEB-INF
|---- content
|---- jsp_pages
|-index.html
|-index.jsp

But the only way I can hit it on the url is :
http://localhost:8080/project/pages/somepage.jsp

How do I tell tomcat that when I type in localhost\pagename to resolve
to the above directory structure? I was looking at the
tomcat\conf\server.xml and added a context for
<Context path="/project" reloadable="true" docBase="project"
workDir="project" />

but that didn't seem to do the trick. I know I am missing something
really fundamental here, so I would really appreciate any pointers you
can throw my way.