[tool] Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 Express Edition : How to link

Pasacco

Dear

Hopefully, I am posting in appropriate place :)

I have problem of "linking" in the Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 Express
Edition tool.

In Visual C++ 6.0, I linked "alpha.lib and common.lib" with following
way:
"Project" menu -> "Settings" tab -> "Link" tab -> add "common.lib" and
"alpha.lib"

But I am not able to do this in Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 Express
Edition.

Actually, I already have "alpha.lib" and I know where the "alpha.lib"
is.
I need to create "common.lib".

When I build the my project, the error message is that

"cannot open alpha.lib"

Could anyone help me with "how to set up the linking" in the
Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 Express Edition tool?

Thank you in advance

Victor Bazarov

Pasacco said:
Dear

Hopefully, I am posting in appropriate place :)
[..]

You're not. Microsoft has its own hierarchy of newsgroups; names
start with 'microsoft.public.*'. Please ask there.

Puppet_Sock

Hopefully, I am posting in appropriate place :)

Nope. Sorry.

[snips]
Could anyone help me with "how to set up the linking" in the
Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 Express Edition tool?

You are going to want to look at one of the groups with
"Microsoft" or "windows" or "VC" or like in the name.
Get yourself to groups.google.com and do some looking.
Socks