    Angel Guest

    IS there anyway to display a tooltip on the Drop Down Control?

    thanks...
    Angel, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Angel

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    it is not due to DropDownList as a ASP.NET Control, but that it renders a
    <SELECT> HTML Element which does not support this feature as such.

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider
    Teemu Keiski, Jun 6, 2005

  3. Angel

    Jens Ansorg Guest

    Teemu Keiski wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > it is not due to DropDownList as a ASP.NET Control, but that it renders a
    > <SELECT> HTML Element which does not support this feature as such.

    Try it with Firefox or any ohter modern bowser and you will see the
    tooltip on dropdown.

    It's just MSIE that doesn't display them. Wonder whether IE7 will
    improve on that?
    Jens Ansorg, Jun 7, 2005
  4. Angel

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Yes, thanks for clarification. I meant also IE (point was that problems's
    not in DropDownList purely, though it ignores the Tooltip property as well,
    but I'd remember one can force it via Attributes collection)

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider
    Teemu Keiski, Jun 7, 2005