Trace - AutoFush - potentional problem

Guest

My web application writes custom log file using Trace. I attached Listener to
Trace and turn of Autoflush option. Sometimes I got Server Error that access
to log file is denied because it is used by another process.

Is it posible that application ifself locks file while writing one
trace.write request, and if in same time comes second trace.write line
request, it founds log file locked.

Or I should look for probmlem somewhere other?

Thank you
Milan

skandy.sub

MilanB said:
My web application writes custom log file using Trace. I attached Listener to
Trace and turn of Autoflush option. Sometimes I got Server Error that access
to log file is denied because it is used by another process.

Is it posible that application ifself locks file while writing one
trace.write request, and if in same time comes second trace.write line
request, it founds log file locked.

Or I should look for probmlem somewhere other?

Thank you
Milan

Hi Milan:

You can try using the FileMon tool available from the
www.sysinternals.com site. This would provide more details on the file
usage and whether the Access Denied is caused because of the
authentication/Locked by another process.

HTH!
Skandy

Guest

Site is hosting company server, I dont think they will allow to install tools.
Thanks