    file, I can regex on what I need quite easily.

    Thanks,
    Damon

    Damon Allison, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Damon Allison

    Hans Kesting Guest

    "Damon Allison" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am wondering if it is possible to export trace output (via trace.axd or
    > otherwise) to a text file. I would like to search on different requests

    for
    > certain conditions that are occuring in our code. What I am doing today

    is
    > using trace.axd and viewing each request by hand and scanning for certain
    > events. Since this particular event only occurs in 1/10 posts, it is
    > tedious to say the least. If I could get the info exported into a text
    > file, I can regex on what I need quite easily.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Damon

    from MSDN:

    ----
    You can customize the tracing output's target by adding TraceListener
    instances
    to or removing instances from the Listeners collection. By default, trace
    output
    is emitted using the DefaultTraceListener class.
    ----

    Sounds like this is what you need. I've never used it though, so I can't
    help you further.

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Dec 8, 2003

  3. Hi Hans,

    Thank you for your reply.

    Are you looking in the System.Diagnostics namespace? That namespace does
    not appear to have an impact on the ASP.NET System.Web.TraceContext class
    that outputs information to trace.axd.

    Thanks,
    Damon

    Damon Allison, Dec 8, 2003