Transfer Database Output To Another Website

rn5a

Assume that there's a website named www.abc.com. There are 2 ASPX
files & one MS-Access database file in this site. The 1st ASPX file is
named "SearchForm.aspx" & the 2nd ASPX file is named
"SearchResult.aspx". "SearchForm.aspx" houses a Form with a select
list & 2 TextBoxes. The select list is populated from a Access
database table.

When the Form is submitted, the user is taken to "SearchResult.aspx"
which retrieves & displays the records that match the criteria that
the user selected in the select list & the text they entered in the 2
TextBoxes in "SearchForm.aspx".

Now the records that "SearchResult.aspx" retrieves & displays - I want
to display these records in a ASPX file named "ShowData.aspx" which
exists in another website named www.xyz.com.

Is there any way by which I can display the records generated by
www.abc.com/SearchResult.aspx in www.xyz.com/ShowData.aspx....

Liming

There are couple ways, albeit, you'll have to jump through some hoops

1. publish an RSS feed of the result and consum the RSS in your
xyz.com
2. publich webservices and consume it from your xyz.com

hope that helps

Liming Xu
Jumptree Project Management
www.jumptree.com

rn5a

There are couple ways, albeit, you'll have to jump through some hoops

1. publish an RSS feed of the result and consum the RSS in your
xyz.com
2. publich webservices and consume it from your xyz.com

hope that helps

Liming Xu
Jumptree Project Managementwww.jumptree.com

But Liming, if I am not wrong, ASP.NET can maintain sessions across
web farms, isn't it? Isn't there any other way other than the 2
options you have suggested?

Liming

Well, another way I can think of is if they share the same database,
you can hold the search values in a temp table of some kind, and
retrieve values that way.

I'm not sure about sharing session across web farms will solve your
issue. Mabye if you can describe your business case a bit more in
detail, we can figure soemthing out.

PS: saw your post on aspnet forum, i'll see you there, you'll
probably get more ideas from others. Good luck.

rn5a

Well, another way I can think of is if they share the same database,
you can hold the search values in a temp table of some kind, and
retrieve values that way.

I'm not sure about sharing session across web farms will solve your
issue. Mabye if you can describe your business case a bit more in
detail, we can figure soemthing out.

PS: saw your post on aspnet forum, i'll see you there, you'll
probably get more ideas from others. Good luck.

No, Liming, there's absoultely no question of sharing the database.

Actually this is what I want - I own a website www.abc.com. All the
pages residing in this site are owned by me. The other website www.xyz.com
is not mine. Users visit www.abc.com/SearchForm.aspx & after entering
values for the different form fields, submits the Form & the user is
taken to www.abc.com/SearchResult.aspx. SearchResult.aspx retrieves &
displays the records from the database.

I want to transfer the contents of www.abc.com/SearchResult.aspz to
www.xyz.com/ShowData.aspx.