transfer html to aspx page and back again

rjl

I have a simple static HTML page on another webserver. I want to grab
some request info using asp.net on another server. What is the best way
to transfer the request to my aspx page, grab the request data (I know
how to do this), then send it back to the requested HTML page without
user action?

thanks.

Guest

rjl,
For simplicity's sake, you can use the WebClient class. This has 4 methods
each designed to get or post data to / from a remote web page.

DownloadData will give you a byte array consisting of the entire page. You
can then substring or Regex out the data you need. UPloadData allows you to
make a form post to another page. You can find documentation on WebClient at
MSDN or in your local help system.

If you want to get more sophisticated, you can use the HTTPWebRequest /
WebResponse classes.
Peter

rjl

Thanks for your help, but I want to grab info from the user accessing
the static HTML page, not the page itself. I need to get the users IP
who hit the page for a counter on my aspx page.