transfer image object to applet

Quick Function

If you have an applet in html, you have something like:

<applet
codebase = "."
archive = "a.jar"
code = "com.aa.Applet1.class"
name = "TestApplet"
width = "400"
height = "300"
hspace = "0"
vspace = "0"
align = "middle"<param name = "para1" value = "aaa">

Is there a way to transfer a binary object to applet, for example
<param name = "image" value = "http://www.site.com/1.jpg">

What is transfered is not a string URL, but actually the image object?

Thanks,

qq

Ann

Quick Function said:
If you have an applet in html, you have something like:

<applet
codebase = "."
archive = "a.jar"
code = "com.aa.Applet1.class"
name = "TestApplet"
width = "400"
height = "300"
hspace = "0"
vspace = "0"
align = "middle"
<param name = "para1" value = "aaa">

Is there a way to transfer a binary object to applet, for example
<param name = "image" value = "http://www.site.com/1.jpg">

What is transfered is not a string URL, but actually the image object?

Thanks,
No, you get a string, but then your applet can load it.

Sudsy

Ann said:
"Quick Function" <[email protected]> wrote in message

No, you get a string, but then your applet can load it.

I may well be wrong, but it struck me as an attempt to get around
the limitation that an unsigned applet could only load resources
from the originating server. It sounds to me as though the OP
wants to utilize the browser capabilities to load an image from
a third-party and feed it to an applet.
Just speculation on my part, but not possible in any case...

Quick Function

Sudsy said:
I may well be wrong, but it struck me as an attempt to get around
the limitation that an unsigned applet could only load resources
from the originating server. It sounds to me as though the OP
wants to utilize the browser capabilities to load an image from
a third-party and feed it to an applet.
Just speculation on my part, but not possible in any case...

I am trying to develop something similar to Flash or Adobe SVG
plug-ins. Suppose that users feed a URL to the applet and then use the
applet interactively to do some image processing, such as changing
contrast/brightness, zooming...
Sounds like applet may not be a good way.

Does any one has an idea how the plug-ins were developed?

Thanks,

qq

Andrew Thompson

I am trying to develop something similar to Flash or Adobe SVG
plug-ins. Suppose that users feed a URL to the applet and then use the
applet interactively to do some image processing, such as changing
contrast/brightness, zooming...

You can do that as long as the applet is signed.

--
Andrew Thompson