  1. I want to traverse to a client directory and show the clients directory and
    files. Is there a way without using the the <input> tag? I mean dynamically
    retrieving the directory information of the client browsing the web page?

    =?Utf-8?B?c2xpbV9uYWxkeQ==?=, May 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2xpbV9uYWxkeQ==?=

    gabe garza Guest

    Better yet, give me your e-mail address and I'll just send you my personal
    files over to you.

    gabe garza, May 10, 2005

  3. you can send it over to:

    Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?c2xpbV9uYWxkeQ==?=, May 10, 2005
  4. or

    =?Utf-8?B?c2xpbV9uYWxkeQ==?=, May 10, 2005
  5. or

    =?Utf-8?B?c2xpbV9uYWxkeQ==?=, May 10, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?c2xpbV9uYWxkeQ==?=

    Scott M. Guest

    No, there is no way for the server code to know anything about the client
    file system.

    Scott M., May 10, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?c2xpbV9uYWxkeQ==?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "slim_naldy" <> wrote in message

    >I want to traverse to a client directory and show the clients directory and
    > files. Is there a way without using the the <input> tag? I mean
    > dynamically
    > retrieving the directory information of the client browsing the web page?

    Yes, but not natively in the .NET Framework. For this, you need a Java
    applet such as: http://www.unlimitedftp.ca/products/udownload/

    Mark Rae, May 10, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?c2xpbV9uYWxkeQ==?=

    Scott M. Guest

    It doesn't have to be a Java applet. It can be any client-side component
    programmed to do the task. An ActiveX control can do it. The client-side
    FileSystemObject can do it, etc. The point is, it can't be done with
    server-side code.

    Scott M., May 10, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?c2xpbV9uYWxkeQ==?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Scott M." <> wrote in message

    > It doesn't have to be a Java applet.
    > It can be any client-side component programmed to do the task. An
    > ActiveX control can do it. The client-side FileSystemObject can do it,
    > etc.

    Not if it needs to be cross-browser compatible...

    > The point is, it can't be done with server-side code.

    Indeed, though that's not actually what the OP asked...

    Mark Rae, May 11, 2005
  10. Well, OP could always write an ActiveX control...

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

    [Shameless Author Plug]
    Now available @ www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon.com etc

    Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET], May 11, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?c2xpbV9uYWxkeQ==?=

    Scott M. Guest

    Yes, I suggested that, but that ActiveX control would run on the client, not
    the server.

    Scott M., May 12, 2005