Traversing a datasourceview

fig000

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the new dot.net. I've been able to quickly set up
a grid view with page, etc. The gridview is connected to a drop down
which changes the gridview's contents based on the value of the drop
down.

The one thing I wanted to add was a seach cability to move around
the gridview without having to page 100 times through the data in the
datasource. I'd like to add a text box to my page and click a button.
The button would set off a "search" which would find the grid page my
desired value is. I suppose this would be done by looping through the
contents of the datasourceview and finding the row number of the
desired item- then I would divide that row number by the pagesize to
get to page number. I'd use the gridview pagenumber property to set the
page

Easy to do in the old dot.net. I need some way of traversing the
datasourceview to do what I've outlined above. I can't find any
properties or methods to help me do this. Is there some travesable
object I could copy the datasourceview to so I can traverse it to
accomplish what I want? Or am I missing the point entirely?

Any help would be appreciated.

Fig