TreeView and Frames...

Dan Bass

Using:
ASP.Net 2.0
C# for code behind

I'm slowly migrating a project into the .Net realm from ASP. One of the
first things I've been asked to do is replace a tree navigation control
(java applet), with the ASP.Net TreeView.

The tree resides in a frame, and when a link is clicked, has to change
the HREF of another frame. Currently, the applet calls some javascript
that says
parent.frameContent.document.location.href = "newURL";

How would I do this with the treeview? The Target property seems to be
more for when a treeview control exists in a page, linking to contents
either in a named iframe, or one of the special "_" prefixed locations.

I can't get it to go back to the parent frame, then forward to my
contents frame.

I have tried (and failed with):
- _myTree.Target = "frameContent";
- _myTree.Target = "parent.frameContent";
- _myTree.Target = "parent.frameContent.document.location.href";
- _selectedNode.Target = "frameContent";
- _selectedNode.Target = "parent.frameContent";
- _selectedNode.Target = "parent.frameContent.document.location.href";
- referencing javascript from the target with something like
"NavigateTo(...)" which them assigns the
parent.frameContent.document.location.href to the new page.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Daniel.

Dan Bass

This works
_myTree.Target = "frameContent";

I wasn't putting anything in the NavigateUrl property!!! Duhhh...