trigger back/forward event from browser

Jimmy

I want to hook the "back" event or "forward" event from a browser page.
How can I trigger these events to my asp.net page?

ch Jimmy

Hans Kesting

Jimmy said:
I want to hook the "back" event or "forward" event from a browser
page. How can I trigger these events to my asp.net page?

ch Jimmy

If you mean "handle" the events (as in: react to button press),
you can't. The browser uses the back and forward buttons to move
inside it's cache (mainly). No special command is sent to the server, so
there is no event to handle there.

If you want the browser to react as if the back button has been pressed,
you will need javascript: history.back() or history.go(-1)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/back.asp

Hans Kesting