Trouble with URL to Microsoft templates

Mr. Smith

Hi
I want a URL links to .dot and .xlt files on my websites. But when users try
to save them it triggers built in template functionallity to save it as .doc
or .xls instead.

How can I publish MS templates and make sure the users get the .dot files
instead of doc files?

Hope you understand....

Hints appreciated
Mr. Smith

Mike Brind

Mr. Smith said:
Hi
I want a URL links to .dot and .xlt files on my websites. But when users
try to save them it triggers built in template functionallity to save it
as .doc or .xls instead.

How can I publish MS templates and make sure the users get the .dot files
instead of doc files?

Hope you understand....

Hints appreciated
Mr. Smith

Zip the file and provide instructions to users or produce an ActiveX
control. Check how Microsoft do it:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx. (HINT: download
Firefox and try the site with that, as well as IE).

Your problem can't be solved through ASP, so I suggest any follow-up in a
browser-related group.