    Hope you understand....

    Hints appreciated
    Mr. Smith
    Mr. Smith, Nov 3, 2006

  2. Mr. Smith

    Mike Brind Guest

    "Mr. Smith" <> wrote in message
    news:%23SBEGFz$...
    > Hi
    > I want a URL links to .dot and .xlt files on my websites. But when users
    > try to save them it triggers built in template functionallity to save it
    > as .doc or .xls instead.
    >
    > How can I publish MS templates and make sure the users get the .dot files
    > instead of doc files?
    >
    > Hope you understand....
    >
    > Hints appreciated
    > Mr. Smith

    Zip the file and provide instructions to users or produce an ActiveX
    control. Check how Microsoft do it:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx. (HINT: download
    Firefox and try the site with that, as well as IE).

    Your problem can't be solved through ASP, so I suggest any follow-up in a
    browser-related group.

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Nov 4, 2006